We provide services for local families and children through Smart Start, North Carolina's award-winning early childhood initiative. We serve as a leading advocate and collaborative resource to provide access to high quality services for young children.
The Partnership for Children of Lincoln & Gaston Counties works to:
- Assure that high quality child care is available for families in our service area.
- Assure healthcare is available for children birth to five.
- Ensure that parents are supported and strengthened in their role as their children's primary caregivers.
- Promote communication and collaboration, and provide assessment and evaluation of programs that target families with young children to ensure a true Partnership for Children in Lincoln and Gaston counties.
The Partnership for Children of Lincoln & Gaston Counties:
- Administers North Carolina's Smart Start funds for programs that benefit children ages 0-5 years and their families.
- Is a catalyst for bringing different groups together for the sake of children.
- Educates the community on the critical needs of young children and helps develop solutions to those needs.